Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 34 weeks pregnant, your baby acts completely like a newborn, with her eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping. You may also find her settling into more of a routine for sleeping & awake times.
- She has learned to blink. She can also see more clearly when there is a bright light on your stomach and probably has the outline of all your organs memorized!
- Antibodies from your blood are being transferred to him at week 34 of pregnancy. These immunities continue to build until birth. Then breast milk will add even more protection against disease.
- Your baby may have already turned to a head-down position in preparation for birth. If he is your first baby, he may be settling into the pelvis with his head pressing against your cervix.
- Fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips now. She may scratch her face even before she is born!
- After 34 weeks of pregnancy, your little one’s length is 17.7 inches (45cm) and weight is 4.7 pounds (2146 g).